Thursday, October 4, 2012

Blog Response for Azalea's "Mean Girls" blog


It is very comical that you picked “Mean Girls” and watched it on National “Mean Girls” Day. Even though the movie is a little girly, I have sisters and have watched the movie many times. No matter how girly the movie seems, I agree that the movie is very popular; like who has not seen the movie.  The reason I believe that the movie became popular is that because it is funny with a lot of exaggeration throughout being non-popular to achieving the goal of popularity. In high school no matter what, everyone is trying to be well known, knowing everybody with everybody knowing them.  This movie also has a lot of stereotyping in which you start off school as a complete stranger meeting friends, and then lose some friend relationships. Plus your closest friends talking mess about you behind your back. In high school there were always lies and fake rumors, which were over exaggerated in the movie. I don’t relate to this movie, but I know many girls from my high school that can relate to mean girls, which is why the movie is comedy. All in all I liked how you summarized the movie with the important aspects of the movie for people who haven’t seen the movie can understand why the movie is so popular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment