Thursday, September 27, 2012

Brief Summary of WP 1





When it came to Writing Project 1, I wrote about the Starbucks inside the MU. The reason why I chose this location is because no matter what the lines are usually full. I was just trying to guess why and find the reason for many people going. And after doing this observation through the lens, I can now see the main reasons people go. In college students hardly get enough sleep with studying in all and most not having coffee makers, they need coffee on the go so they head to Starbucks. By using the lens of Frank Norris, "Polk Street," I saw that society also plays a major part in going to Starbucks. They are many other coffee shops but since most of society likes Starbucks, most people would go there to just fit in. Walking around you hardly notice peoples having Dunkin’ Donuts or Dutch Bro’s rather they are holding the one and only Starbucks in their hands. Starbucks is just a powerhouse thanks to society. Another thing I found was the repetitiveness of customers and the workers. My peers would go to Starbucks every day ordering the same thing every time. When it comes to the workers, they make the same drinks non-stop, plus have to be fast paced. All in all I got a new observation of why the Starbucks is so packed compared to other coffee shops. Not only am I not a coffee guru, but noticing something that society has influenced is quite amazing to begin with. Finally, since the MU is the place where the food is, it might just be a coincidence why this Starbucks is the busiest.

1 comment: